Disk Data Recovery Tips
Prevention is better than cure!
We can provide preventative consultancy tailored to your business, to ensure you take all possible steps to avoid data loss.
Here are some general tips for good practice:
- Don't Panic – more retrievable data is lost through panic measures than anything else
- Don't try DIY Data Recovery – think about the worth of your data first, then call in professional help
- Do not work on hardware – this is a highly technical field requiring special tools and techniques. Just disturbing screws on the mechanical casing can destroy a drive
- Plan your actions – understand the implications of what you’re about to do, and don’t do anything you cannot undo
- If it’s a business critical system, do you actually need to make the changes you are about to?
- Backup prior to installing software, no matter how reputable the vendor
- Verify any backups made, with a FULL restore. Hours spent here are better than hours waiting for a recovery to be completed
- Have you optimised your system for speed rather than data security? Do you know what you've opted for?
- Machines commonly fail at start-up and shutdown – leaving a system on in consistent environmental conditions is safest. When you do need to shut the system down, make a full backup first; a disk may have failed in such a way that it can no longer start
Vogon International. All rights reserved.
Disk Recovery | Tape Recovery | Data
Conversion | Viruses | Data Recovery Home
Page | Literature | Contact
Us | Site Map
data , disk , tape, raid,
virus recovery and data conversion by vogon international